Friday, July 24, 2009

M.I.A.

Wow. It’s been way too long since I’ve blogged. It’s not that I haven’t had anything to say…those that know me know I’ve pretty much always got something to say…it’s just that I just haven’t had the will to sit down and actually write anything of any relevance. I really need to take my friend Michelle’s advice and just blog something small every day. Even if it’s just a list of things I am doing that day. It keeps the mind fresh and will satisfy the need to write. Easier said than done Michelle…but I’ll try.

The day job has been keeping me increasingly busy. I’ve made 2 trips to the Okanagan recently and will be making at least one more in the next two weeks. I’ve also been over to Vancouver Island twice. I haven’t been there since 1988 and now I’ve been twice…in 3 weeks! And what is with the ferry prices? Holy shit they’re expensive. And why do they charge separate fares for cars and people? Shouldn’t the car fare include one person? It’s not like the car is going over alone…”Just one today?”…”No, just the car. I’m staying on the mainland.” Give me a headache. The events this year have been pretty fun though I must say. I’ve done 3 music festivals so far and have 2 more coming up. I only wish I could actually stay and attend some of these festivals and enjoy the music…and I “took the summer show off” so that I could do just that. Which brings me to the night job, and as you just read I have taken the summer show “off”. Yeah right. The “regular” drummer at the theatre also plays with one of Canada’s premier classic rock groups and they tour extensively in the summer which means he has to find a replacement. I said I’d fill in for the odd nights the replacement couldn’t do. Turns out I’m actually playing more than the replacement!! Then, one of the actors decided he wanted a holiday and I ended up doing 2 weekends on stage for him. So by “taking the summer show off” I am actually performing every weekend in July and 2 of the 4 weekends in August. Hardly a break if you ask me! But it’s fun and I am totally loving playing the drums regularly again. I’ve missed it!!

Rock on.
J-Rock

No comments: