Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th!


I am in no way superstitious about the number 13 or Friday the 13th. In fact, some of my best days have been on a Friday the 13th. It's usually a pretty good day for me. We'll see how today goes as I'm working both jobs and with the installation of a new lighting rig at Giggle Dam, the potential for failure is high.


I used to be superstitious about watching the Canucks. I thought that they would lose because I wasn't wearing a specific jersey (I have home, away and 3rd jersey's and would wear what they wore to match them), or because I shaved, or because I didn't listen to a certain album before the game. All very silly really. And with the slumps they have had over the years, I was afraid of getting an ulcer. Then it dawned on me one day that what I wear, do or listen to in a day has absolutely zero effect on how a team plays or doesn't play. I have no connection to them other than being a fan. They would have no idea who I was if they saw me on the street. It was a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders.


I am now proud to be superstition free!


Except I still won't walk underneath a ladder.


Happy Friday the 13th everyone. Enjoy it because we get another one in March!


Rock on.
J-Rock

No comments: